Sunday 13 October 2013

The Modernized Saving Grace


“Omniscient, wandering about without a home, crossing the flood, wise, and of an unlimited perception, without an equal, he shines forth like the sun, and he illumines the darkness like a brilliant fire.”
-          Praise of the Great Hero

Heroes are like ghosts.
You want to know why?

Heroes are like ghosts because as we all know, ghosts and other paranormal creatures are always around us, the only thing is we fail to discern them. Heroes are sometimes in disguise. You don’t really need to die or get fatally injured just to earn the title “HERO”, you can be a hero in your simple kind of way.

Well, my modern-day hero is my bestfriend. Hero, saving grace, knight in shining armor, savior, in general, that’s him. Before, he was like a very unconvincing and unnoticeable character in my story. Life began to shake me out of the safe zone then that was the time he appeared, like a deus ex machina, and helped me get over with the problems I am encountering. He was never a perfect person in the eyes of many. He was criticized, bullied and unaccepted by the society but he never had the guts to fight back. He let those judgements fall off his shoulders one by one. He may be is imperfect but these imperfections make him unique. He is what I call my hero, someone who is brave, has great courage and has a very strong character.

No comments:

Post a Comment